About

St Peter’s church, September 2014

Founded in 1875, Saint Peter’s Church had been serving its parish in Bishop Auckland for over 130 years. Now sadly closed. The church was steeped in local history, it embodied the traditions of the Church of England, and was once part of a thriving local community with many local shops.

The page aims to keep some of the memories alive.